Category : Meats
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon canola oil, plus extra for grill
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 pounds of your favorite chicken parts w/bones & skins on
Put the mango, cilantro, chipotle, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken and half the mango mixture in a resealable plastic bag and massage to coat the chicken with the sauce. Refrigerate overnight.
Simmer remaining half of the mango mixture in a small saucepan over low heat until thick, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat and brush with oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and put on the grill. Grill the chicken, turning and basting with mango glaze about every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve with any remaining mango glaze.