Category : Seafood
- 4 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice* or medium-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring broth to simmer in medium saucepan. Reduce heat; keep hot.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; sauté until onion is pale golden but garlic is not brown, about 4 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat, about 2 minutes. Add wine to pan and simmer until almost absorbed. Add 1 cup broth at a time and simmer until liquid is absorbed before adding more, stirring often.
Risotto should still have a nice liquid sauce but not be soupy, and the rice kernels should still be slightly firm or al dente in the center. Stir in shrimp and cook until pink about 5 minutes. Add lemon zest and parmesan. Remove from heat.
Check seasonings. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve with Gregory Graham Viognier!
*Arborio, an Italian short-grain rice, is available at Italian markets and many supermarkets.